We receive many questions about Activated Charcoal, which we thought warranted a blog post. Below is a little more info about how Activated Charcoal works, toxins it can remove and some of our favourite ways to use it.
Though our Activated Charcoal powder is ultra-fine, its power to adsorb toxins and chemicals from our bodies is mighty. Activated Charcoal can be used for natural healing, which is why we source ours from the purest of origins.
One Letter Can Make a Big Difference: Absorb Vs Adsorb
A common misconception is that charcoal absorbs toxins in the body to remove them, but in reality, it works by adsorbing toxins. Activated charcoal has millions of tiny pores where toxins are trapped and consequently eliminated from our bodies via the digestive tract. These tiny pores are created during the steam processing of coconuts, resulting in the fine black powder found in CRBN.io products.
What does Activated Charcoal Adsorb?
Below is a non-exhaustive list of the most common substances adsorbed by Activated Charcoal:
Ways to Eliminate Toxins by Using CRBN.io:
- Reduce gas and bloat producing elements in the digestive system by taking CRBN orally – have you tried our charcoal lemonade recipe yet?
- Take internally post-indulgence (think sugar, alcohol or foods you are sensitive to) to remove toxins from your bod
- Add a small bowl of charcoal to your refrigerator to reduce unwanted tastes and smells
- Use to brush your teeth to help remove stains, reduce bacteria and improve oral health
- Try our *new* charcoal mask to purify and detoxify your skin
What are your favourite ways to use CRBN.io? Post your recipes to be featured!